If you have not had a website built yet you are in luck, it is usually only after you have had a website built that you realise what a nightmare it can be.
It is also only apparent many months later if you have got it all wrong.
If you want a business website then it is very important to get this right first time as your lively hood may depend on it.
How do you know if the website designer you choose is right for you before they do the work?
I am glad you asked, here are 5 top tips to choosing the right website designer to build your business website:
1) Decide exactly what sort of site you want and what you want it to include, do you want an online store? Do you want an online brochure? Do you want a video site or music site? Before you begin looking for a website designer you need to get clear in your head what it is you want from your site and what you want it to look like. Have a good look round and make a list of sites you like and make a note of the features it contains. Sign up forms, galleries, search facilities, shopping carts etc.
2) Once you have an idea of what you want you need to get out there and check out some website designers, have a look at their portfolios, do they look like they can do what you need, are there websites all very similar or can they create a variety of styles using the features that you are particularly after. You do not want your site to be a gunny pig for a new idea you have given them, it will really draw out the design process and it may not end up working exactly as you want.
3) Interview at least two website designers who you feel can deliver the goods and ask them questions relating to cost, the build process, time scales, hosting, costs for future work, what happens if you want to take the site elsewhere etc. If you have any concerns you need to iron them out in the beginning and this will help you make the right decision.
4) If you want a business website you ideally want a website designer who knows how the search engines work, understands the basics of marketing and sales. You also want advice on wording and content for your site, you are probably not an expert in writing copy that sells, but if your website is going to earn you money you will need some help crafting the words in such a way that it help turn your visitors into potential customers.
5) Ultimately you want your business website to be an investment and you want it to earn you money 24/7 this is possible with any business website. If you can find a website designer that can help you turn your business website into money making machine all the better. Just so you know, to make your website earn you money it needs the following; Lots of traffic, a free eBook give-away in exchange for you visitors name/email address, an email system that automatically communicates with those visitors until they become customers.